Tuesday, August 2, 2011

First Born

Baseball is over.  I have no more excuses to ignore my blog.  What better day to dust it off than my favorite boy's birthday? 

August 1, 2000...A day I'll remember forever.  It was a once in a lifetime kind of feeling, a feeling so strong, it felt like my heart was going to burst right out of my chest.  I never believed in love at first sight until that moment.  It was the day my heart felt like it would forever live outside my body.



We struggled at first.  Neither of us had a clue what we were doing.  But we figured it out.



The years really have flown by.  First smile, first words, first steps, ....



First haircut...some things haven't changed at all.


Yep, you are still the same little boy I've loved since the moment I felt you in my belly. Same little boy who loves balls...



Loves his momma...


Still a little bit silly at times...


Still loves baseball more now than ever....



Still loves his sister, even though he won't admit it...


But you are turning into a man before my very eyes.  It makes me proud and sad at the same time. 




Eleven years of moments, gone by in a flash.  I'm so proud of the man you are becoming and so happy that I got lucky enough to be your mom.


Happy Birthday Reece!

No comments:

Post a Comment